150 years after President Lincoln signed the Morill Act establishing land-grant institutions in the United States, the Agricultural Sciences building opened on February 29, 2012.
The $43.1 million, 125,000 square-foot building was funded through the Utah State Legislature after approval of Senate Bill 280 in 2010. This new state-of-the-art building replaced the E.G. Peterson Agricultural Sciences Building, constructed in 1953.
The north section of the building contains three stories of high-tech teaching and research labs used by students and faculty. This building also houses new university operated computer labs, student meeting rooms, the new Café on the Quad, and classroom space, including lecture rooms and a 116-seat auditorium.
The south section of the building is a four-story structure and houses the faculty and administrative office of the College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences, USU Extension, and the Agricultural Experiment Station. It also houses several centers such as Western SARE, Western Rural Development Center, and the USU Botanical Center.
The building's plaza near USU's historic quad houses the College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences Memorial, which honors the students and instructor who lost their lives in a tragic van accident in 2005.
View APEC Facilities in a larger map